Sunday, March 6, 2011

say 'yes' to the dress: bridesmaid edition

a while ago i was looking through a PEOPLE magazine where they had some highlights of some famous person's wedding (don't ask me who? cause i totally forgot...ha), where the bridesmaids (there were a lot of them with a broad range of ages/body types) all wore different black dresses. 

i thought this was a perfect idea for my wedding/bridesmaids. we all know what entails with the dreaded bridesmaid's dresses: too expensive for one time use, not very flattering on everyones body types, the color is a tough color to wear again, and so on and so on...i love the idea of every girl being able to show their own personality and also feel beautiful/comfortable in the dress of their choosing.

friday after work i had a miss call and a text message from my aunt and cousin...they found the perfect bridesmaid's dress for jenna! jenna brought over the dress on saturday and we both played dress up like we did when we were little, but now i was in my wedding dress and she was in her little black bridesmaid dress! i absolutely loved the dress! she got hers from white house/black market. here are a few pictures:
my beautiful bridesmaid/cousin

my favorite part of the dress: the ruffles

simple yet elegant backside
i am hoping to have a girls day outing to either nordies, white house/black market, jcrew and/or banana republic to find the rest of the dresses with my bridesmaids...any other good stores to find some cute "little black dresses"?

2 comments:

  1. You had to put the butt shot...haha so flattering, Not!Love you cuz

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love that dress! So cute and I like the idea that you are letting your bridesmaids choose. We attempted to get different dresses in the same color with my boyfriend's sister's wedding and by chance we all ended up liking the same dress. I like the new trend that the bride is letting the bridesmaid have a choice and Jenna's dress is definitely something you can wear again :) Great pick

    ReplyDelete