Saturday, February 26, 2011

i said "YES" to the dress! (most impulsive buy ever!)


so many of you may know....I GOT MY WEDDING DRESS!!!! but i didn't mean to get it sooooooo fast....here is the story:

last saturday i went to my favorite wedding dress store: THE DRESSER with a whole posse, and tried on a handful of dresses.  before going last week i read on the dresser blog that they were going to have their BIG SALE on sunday! last year lilia got her dress at an AMAZING deal at the dresser during this sale...thinking that i would just go to look around...boy, was i wrong...

the rules/guidelines of the sale included:
- come with 1 or 2 people (came just with my mummy)
- cash only (we had to run to the bank)
- wear sweatpants or leggings for quick changing
- sale starts at 9am and people will camp out
- dresses are up to 90% off
- $100 to $500
- a 15 minute limit in the store during the sale! yikes!

well mum and i woke up as usually on sunday...we decided to go to church at 5pm so we had the whole day to go shopping. we leisurely took our time shopping at a few stores before heading to the dresser at 11am (we were told that at 11 the line would die down). we arrived at 11:30 and saw a small line. they were only letting 5 brides in at a time...while we waited in line for about 40 minutes we spoke to a few brides talking to them about their weddings and also their hopes to find the 'perfect' dress...i on the other hand told them that my wedding was further in the future than theirs and that i was just browsing to see how this sale goes...

after we were finally let in, all 5 brides (they told me to use dressing room #3, which is a good number in my family) and our small posses, looked around the store to find a few dresses to try on...but after what felt like 2 minutes in the store we heard "brides, start trying on your dresses! 10 minutes left!" well i didn't think i had many dresses to try on, and really i was only trying on these dresses since we waited in the line (i really wasn't crazy about them). but then one of the consultants who remembered me from the day before, came up to me to let me know she left a dress in my room and that she thought it might be perfect for me...

getting to my room i looked at the dress and i decided i would try it on since the consultant was sooo excited about it...i tried it on...and wow it was really pretty...but i decided to try on a few more...after trying on 2 more i heard "5 minutes!" yikes so i went back to the first dress...my mum and i and the consultants looked at it in the mirror again...i said "wow! i am not sure!" then others said "that is sooo pretty on you!" aww the pressure! i asked my consultant from the day before what she thought...she said that this designer was an amazing designer and that this dress was couture and the lace would look lovely for a barn type of wedding...then she told me how much it previously was...80% off! o my! i love a good deal and this was great! after looking at it in the mirror a few more times and looking to my frantic mum who was feeling rushed i decided that i was going to end my wedding dress shopping by buying this amazing dress!

after running to the bank to get the cash, we were walking around the store and noticed there was a picture of lilia and her groom in her wedding dress there and then there was a picture of me in lilia's wedding...this just showed that i had to get this dress...

well after 15 minutes i got the dress! not only did i get an amazing dress, i also have a story that i can tell others...also it is from the same store where i got the dress (my homecoming princess one) that matt first noticed me in! a story we can tell the children! side-note: they sell this designer at Kleinfeld's (the home of "say yes to the dress" so i really did get my a piece of the show...or at least i feel that way!)

after getting home i tried it on a few dozen times to show my sis (who made the journey home from school to be the first to see it on me), my grandparents came over and my favorite friend claire made sure she was one of the first to see it on me :)

checklist:
- groom
- venue
- dress
- invitations
- flowers
- and so on and so on...

here is a picture of my dress from the Pattis website (but it really doesn't do it justice; can't wait to show you the pictures of me in it...you will just have to wait till the wedding)

next: our engagement party is today!

4 comments:

  1. I love you sister. The dress is gorgeous and everyone's jaws are going to drop when they see it on you at the wedding! Can't wait to get our fiesta engagement party on today at Aunt Sharon and UD's!

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats Shannon..looks like it was all meant to be..You will b a beautiful bride, no doubt about it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Alexa found her dress here too and I recommended it to a friend of mine seeing that two friends found their bridal gowns there. I am so excited to see the photos of the wedding.

    ReplyDelete