Saturday, September 11, 2010

pink ribbon and vayda

a family friend is having a baby and asked me where she should get a cute baby shower banner...me being the crafty person i am (ha) said how bout if i made the banner. we got some ideas off of etsy (one of my favorite crafty websites). after getting the idea lauren and i were off to joann's with some of our craft coupons

materials included: 1 yard each of pink and brown felt material, 1/2 yard of three cute material (from the sale corner), a 3 yard roll of cute ribbon, printed letters. total cost $10.07

after cutting the felt into circles (i used a bowl and large plate as a stencil for the circles) and the material into letters, i based (a loose stitch to keep material together) the circles together and used my gma's sewing machine to sew the circles. after 5+ attempts and i got frustrated and my amazing gma came to the rescue. she helped me figure out how to sew in a circle (pretty difficult)

once i finished sewing i used fabric glue to attach the letters. then i tacked and glue the circles to the ribbon. after i used the left over material and and cute into 1.5 by 6 inch strips and tied them in between the letters.



the new bundle of joy got her name from one of my favorite movies My Girl
(it is pronounced VAY-DA)

No comments:

Post a Comment